Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Welcome Back to School Letter September 9, 2009

Dear Parents,
I am very pleased to officially welcome you to Camas Ridge Community School! I am truly excited to be teaching at this amazing school. It is my pleasure to tell you fourth grade will be an exciting year for your child.
Those of you who have returning students in my class, will not be surprised when I say, my goal is to discover the unique gifts and talents of each child who enters my classroom. I strive to help your child build on their talents, and I also strive to discover what will help your child overcome any difficulties they may have.
I believe in creating a safe, warm, and caring learning environment that will provide many opportunities for your child to interact with a variety of materials, ideas, and people. This will be accomplished with the use of learning stations, group meetings, individual, partner, small group, and large group activities.
A strong partnership between home and school will help your child greatly. I am trying something new this year to facilitate this partnership. I have started a class blog. You can find it at http://classroomlink.blogspot.com
Please check this blog weekly for announcements, important dates, homework information, and classroom happenings.
I hope your child is ready for a great school year, and is eager to learn. I want to provide the students with skills and a feeling of self worth. If you have any questions or would like to visit our class, please do so. Just come in! Students like sharing what they are learning with their parents.

Ms. DuBois
Room 6
790-8800
dubois_d@4j.lane.edu

Our Schedule
8:20 Students Enter the Class
8:30-9:30 Math
9:30-10:00 Language Arts
10:00-10:15 Recess
10:15-11:45 Language Arts
11:45-12:25 Lunch
12:25-2:00 Projects / Arts Block
2:00-2:40 Community time

P.E.
11:15 – 11:45 Monday & Thursday
Music
11:15-11:45 Tuesday

Important Dates

Sept. 10 Site Council 3:00
Sept. 11 1:45 Assembly
Sept. 17 PTO Meeting 6:30
Sept. 18 Watermelon Feed 1:45
Sept. 22 Curriculum Night TBA

4 comments:

  1. Hi Ms. D.

    We are really looking forward to the school year. Thank you for creating this blog and making your classroom so inviting!

    Warmly,
    Kari & Tristan Kytola

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tristan and Kari!

    I am also looking forward to a great school year!! I am excited to let the students begin posting updates, so keep checking back often!
    Have a great week,
    Ms. D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Donna,
    This is the first time I've actually done
    school work on a computer.I'm loving school
    how were doing things.

    From,Josh

    ReplyDelete
  4. Josh,

    I'm loving school this year too! See you tomorrow.

    ~Ms. D!

    ReplyDelete