Sunday, September 10, 2017

Welcome Back to School!


September 8, 2017


Dear Families,

Welcome back to school!  It has been an exciting first week in 2nd grade.  This week we learned about our classmates, celebrated the beginning of school with bubbles, and we are building a strong learning community together.  The students are transitioning well into second grade!

Second grade is an exciting year full of explorations in science, math, reading, writing, art, social studies, and health. Children of this age are curious about their world and I work hard to keep their natural curiosity sparked all year long.

Many of you are asking about volunteering.  I will have volunteer schedules ready on curriculum night, September 27th.  This is an important event. I will give you an overview of what to expect for your child as our school year continues. 

Next week our studies will include, how to be a mathematician, we will explore creative story writing, and students will begin our rocks and minerals science unit.  Please do not worry about homework this year. I only ask you read with your child every night. 

If you need to contact me, you can reach me at dubois_d@4j.lane.edu
I’m looking forward to an amazing year with your children.  Enjoy a restful weekend!


Donna Van Deurzen

No comments:

Post a Comment